Sunday Musings Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hello!

Woke up early today. My mom needed a fresh baked loaf of bread for church today, so I set the alarm for 6:15 to have it done in time. Of course the worst part wasn't that I had to get up early...the worst part was I wide awake when I got up, but decided to lay back down for an hour -- big mistake! You know how after you fall back to sleep to feel like you are in slow motion all day. Well, that was me.

Anyway, after I put the bread on to bake, I started praying and just asking the Lord what He would have me pray about. The scripture Psalm 122:6, "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, may those who love her prosper." I just feel like in the last week or so the media is doing an incredibly awful job at supporting Israel and putting out correct information. All we can do is pray for her. She is the apple of the Father's eye and we need to stand firm in supporting Israel.

After making it to church with about 5 minutes to spare, I got the sound and music organized and we began. A wonderful Christian woman from our church had the scripture for today. Before she even began to read the scripture she said the Lord had layed it on her heart for the past week that we need to be praying and supporting Israel! Isn't God amazing? Isn't He true? If we just open our hearts to hearing from Him, He speaks -- loud and clear. What an awesome God! Confirmation!

Our congregation may be small, but numbers don't matter. It's about God meeting us there. Service was awesome. There is such a peace and a heavy presence of the Lord. I love the freedom we have to express ourselves. Sometimes being on the worship team, singing and playing week after week up front, becomes wearying and more of a you should, you shall and you have to do it this way.

But for the last two weeks, I've been able to sit or stand in the back, with a cordless mic just worshiping and singing. No hullabaloo cause I'm not standing in the front, because that's where worship teams stand. Just letting go and singing in my own quiet place. Such freedom. I bet the Father's heart grieves for those in China and other places where they have to hide and be persecuted for public displays of worship. We should always keep in the forefront of our minds what a blessing and treasure it is to be able to worship freely.

So tomorrow the girls have their piano auditions at Marywood. They are bummed caused they aren't getting out of school. It's a half day LOL. National piano playing auditions are standards and goals that should be attained by pianists. They've done a great job and I know they'll do well tomorrow. The week after that Kelsey begins lessons. Last year she said she wasn't interested and would rather take trumpet. Fine. Now she's switched. If she's happy, I'm happy. I'd just really like the kids to have an understanding of how to play music, not really the particular instrument. Speaking of which, Katie is also taking flute and doing amazing. She's thrilled the school district offered to give summer lessons.

I'm so thrilled to be done with school this week. Since I have my teacher's certificate now, it will be my last year as an instructional aide, so I better enjoy the break while I have it. I've applied to 11 districts, some twice LOL. My prayer is to get a full time position in special ed by the fall. But, if it's meant to be that I have to sub, I'll sub. I need to let go more and let God handle the fine details.

Anyway, time to get some more laundry done and get organized for tomorrow. I'm almost ready to do a cheer -- "No more uniforms, no more lunches, I have 3 half days left, if you can't hear it I'll shout a little louder. NO MORE UNIFORMS, NO MORE LUNCHES, I HAVE 3 HALF DAYS LEFT, IF YOU CAN'T HEAR IT, I'LL SHOUT A LITTLE LOUDER" Can you tell I'm excited?

Hugggz,

Kristy~!


Psalm 122 (The Message)

A Pilgrim Song of David
1-2 When they said, "Let's go to the house of God," my heart leaped for joy.
And now we're here, O Jerusalem,
inside Jerusalem's walls!

3-5 Jerusalem, well-built city,
built as a place for worship!
The city to which the tribes ascend,
all God's tribes go up to worship,
To give thanks to the name of God—
this is what it means to be Israel.
Thrones for righteous judgment
are set there, famous David-thrones.

6-9 Pray for Jerusalem's peace!
Prosperity to all you Jerusalem-lovers!
Friendly insiders, get along!
Hostile outsiders, keep your distance!
For the sake of my family and friends,
I say it again: live in peace!
For the sake of the house of our God, God,
I'll do my very best for you.

0 comments