Has it really been almost 6 months? Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hello there!

Really? Really? It's been 6 months since I've blogged! As the old adage says, time certainly does fly. I don't really feel like it's been that long since I constantly feel like I'm updating my individual groups and face book. But today, I've got a lot on my mind and decided to ramble.

Sooooooooo another May has come and gone. Again, where did it go? I say this every year why oh why do all these events have to be in May? Why do I have to go to them all? I get it, I'm a mom, it's my job -- it's still too much. I admit it, I'm overwhelmed.

Every year I hit the wall come May. Should it be this way? Probably not. Should I open my mouth more and say no more often? Probably yes. Should I let things build up until I explode? Probably not. Should I realize my opinion and decisions matter? Probably yes.

I've just had it with everything. Enough is enough. I run and run and run some more. I clean and clean and clean some more. I say the same things over and over and over. I pick up the same mess over and over and over. Are you seeing a pattern?

Life doesn't stop. Shocking revelation right? But somewhere in the grand scheme of things I'd like to know that I matter in this universe. I'd like to know that I'm not as invisible as an amoeba. I'd like to know that my life will reverberate throughout time. I'd like to know more than my shouting reverberated. Why? Because that's the way it should be. People should be made to feel like they matter. End of story.

I'm tired of everything. Emotionally, physically -- boom! crash! -- hit the wall. Ya know, people say oh your a teacher, you get summers off. Ya know why we get summers off? So we don't go INSANE!

Imagine being a working mom, add in having kids, add in running them to all their events, add in managing your housework and laundry, add in the pets, add in feeding everyone, add in going to graduate classes two nights a week, add in projects and homework due, finally add in dealing with 22 other kids 6.5 hours a day. What does that equal? It equals INSANITY. An algebraic equation? Yup. It's a scientific fact. Trust me. It equals insanity. So what do we say then to summers off? We say it's clinically necessary so we don't go completely BONKERS!

Spiritually I'm at peace though. Which is what I'm hanging on to right now. Our church is going wonderfully. It's just so peacefully being able to go and relax in our own building. There's no fear of man's opinion -- there's just peace.

The building is coming along, there's some work to do and a LOT of painting, but it's clean, it's our and came with everything we need. Sound, lighting, chairs, tables -- everything. Could God have prepared a better place for us? Nope, it was just right! A miraculous and perfect fit. We are walking in God's timing and in His footsteps, that is why there is peace. The "wisdom from above is first PURE, then peaceful."

How do you know what your doing is following in the Lord's will? Ask yourself, where is the peace? If there's no peace, it's a wrong decision. How do you fix it when you've lost your peace? You travel back to when you had it and then ask the Lord to direct your way from there so you can continue in HIS will. James 3: 17-18Real wisdom, God's wisdom, begins with a holy life and is characterized by getting along with others. It is gentle and reasonable, overflowing with mercy and blessings, not hot one day and cold the next, not two-faced. You can develop a healthy, robust community that lives right with God and enjoy its results only if you do the hard work of getting along with each other, treating each other with dignity and honor. (The Message)>

So okay, in the midst of alllllllllllllll this rambling one of our kids was just really happy and sang "hallelujah, thank you Jesus". I thought for a second that I knew the tune and then I realized it was the Brooklyn Tabernacles version...

Song: When I think about the Lord

When I Think about the Lord,

How He saved me, how He raised me,

how He filled me, with the Holy Ghost.

How He healed me, to the uttermost.


When I Think about the Lord,
how He picked me up and turned me around,
how He placed my feet on solid ground


Chorus*

It makes me wanna shout,

Hallelujah,

Thank you JESUS,

LORD, your worthy, of all the glory, and all the honor,

and all the praise... (Repeat*)



Really puts all my complaining into perspective huh? No matter what. Count it all joy. I think I'm done -- perspective readjusted.

Hugggz,

Kristy~!

James 1

I, James, am a slave of God and the Master Jesus, writing to the twelve tribes scattered to Kingdom Come: Hello! Faith Under Pressure

2-4Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

5-8If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get his help, and won't be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who "worry their prayers" are like wind-whipped waves. Don't think you're going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open.

9-11When down-and-outers get a break, cheer! And when the arrogant rich are brought down to size, cheer! Prosperity is as short-lived as a wildflower, so don't ever count on it. You know that as soon as the sun rises, pouring down its scorching heat, the flower withers. Its petals wilt and, before you know it, that beautiful face is a barren stem. Well, that's a picture of the "prosperous life." At the very moment everyone is looking on in admiration, it fades away to nothing.

12Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life.









0 comments