A lot has been going on here.... Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hello friends!

There is so much going on here. I've hardly had any time at all to keep you all updated. To all my friends from my different lists and etc. I apologize for not getting as many sends and communications out to you as we usually do. And now on to what's up....

In my Monday evening class, my professor decided to absolutely bury us with work. We've spent at least 6-8 classes sitting there for hours knowing this work was coming up. As a class it was mentioned to her several times -- when, the how-to's and etc. She just kept saying we are building up to it. Okay, I get it. But now we are absolutely inundated with papers, projects and etc. All due within the same time frame. We've had to learn several new computer programs. It's been horrifying. Okay, maybe not horrifying but darn near. I have several more things to do, but I am well on the way to getting finished. PTL.

I mean, alright I get what she meant, where she was going and why she paced the class this was....but she so needs to realize we are graduate students with lives, jobs, families and kids. Hit me with the syllabus and let me go. Did I learn a lot? Yes and I really do appreciate it. Will I ever take this professor again? NEVER.

Last week I also had to present in another class I had. Special Education and the Law. I absolutely love this class. I wish my professor would teach more classes, I'd take her classes each time. She is such a resource, she is the Director of Student and Special Education Services in a local district here and has been for about 20 years. She gives you such good practical information I love it.

On top of all of this I had my Praxis this weekend. I think it broke my brain. Started at 7:30 a.m. and ended at 12:10. I think I did well -- until the end of the math. The end of the math looked like lines criss crossing, an x y and an R and S -- and it wanted the answer. I was like huh? Then the 5 answers contained numbers and fractions. I was thinking okay, maybe this could be done with a protractor or a calculator -- but holy cow, this answer was like close your eyes and pick one. HAHAHAA! I won't get my scores for a month or so, so I'll let you know about that.

And again, God is moving mightily in my life. This week I'll be moving into the Special Education area of my job. It's so amazing. It was like God opened several doors and said, come on, walk through here -- and they were ginormous steps and huge doorways. How does God do all of this? I'll never know. I do know however, God is amazing and all knowing and He has our best interest at heart! He is such an amazing God. I'll have more to share next week on this. Right now I'm just still so overwhelmed by God's goodness. I'm so happy about it I almost can't stand it. I said almost LOLLLLL. It's going to be such a great experience.

Tomorrow is church, I'm excited about that. We've continued to move out on purchasing a building. I'm hoping it's done by the first of the year. Call it forth in Jesus name! Yeah! We had a meeting last week and are awaiting so more information. Can you believe all the good things God has in store for us?

The rest of the weekend will be filled with a nap that will start in about 10 minutes (ROFL), homework (and lots of it) and laundry. What has God done in your life this week?

Hugggz,

Kristy~!


0 comments