Semesters, Holidays, Church and Everything Else Monday, December 7, 2009


Hi everyone!


There has been so much going and it's seems like forever since I've chatted with you. My semester has finally coming to end. And I'm completely sure you will all be happy to hear me stop complaining about it haha! Education Psychology class is over -- HALLELUJAH! I've decided it's not the material, not the teacher herself, but really the delivery of the material and how it was presented in a sequence. Too much at the end and too much speculation on how it would be graded. Anyway....


I've signed up for my spring classes which will be Programming for Early Adolescents and Content knowledge math for elementary learners. I'm excited about both. I was really hoping my favorite teacher was going to do the programming class, but as of now she's saying she will be retired by then. But, God is in control and I know there must be a reason I'm so interested in this material. It will be mainly understanding how to program for a child 0-8, early intervention and etc.


The content knowledge math will be a help to as I'll be co-teaching math to sixth graders in the next coming weeks. This brings me to my next topic....my new job.


I've moved from kindergarten to a sixth grade learning support classroom. God really opened a door for me to walk through. I have been completely blessed. I am in the same school district, but in the special education department, which is what my Master's degree will be in. I am still an instructional aide, but now working in the setting where my heart is. I feel so blessed. As a part of this job, 2 days a week I will co-teach regular education math. These opportunities are beyond amazing. It was like God dropping a learning experience right in my lap. The only way I can describe it is the most peaceful work environment I've been in ever -- why? Because I feel like this is where God really wants me to be.


I've taken my Praxis I and passed (Praxis is like the tests you have to pass in order to get certified) and I'll take my Praxis II in January, part 2 of Praxis 2 in March, then I'll have my teaching certificate. I pray God will continue to open a doorway for me to get a position here locally with a marvelous salary. I would love my own classroom, but I think early intervention would be fun too. I feel like making a list for my ideal job. Somewhere flexible, somewhere local, somewhere working in special education, somewhere where there's peace, somewhere with a great salary. God has been so faithful, I pray He continues this -- I have the faith that he will.


My girls are doing great. Karrie and Katie have had their piano recital and did wonderfully. Katie also had her Christmas dance show and it was fabulous. The girls did awesome. My mom even cried during a dance using the "Christmas Shoes" song. Beautiful.


I haven't done too much baking this year, just a few things. Every year I say that I'm doing less -- and this year I finally did. I just can't do anymore. Hubby made some great cookies, I did 2 kinds and will be baking banana breads today. There too much going on and I just decided this year is going to be a calm quiet Christmas, I'm going to enjoy and NOT get trapped in the work and rush and feel like it's never happened. It is what it is and I'm going to enjoy my break before classes resume on the 11th of January.


I've already started to read a book for my January class. It's called "The boy who loved windows". It's about a mother's journey into understanding her son's autism. It's written so well. It's not really clinical, but more a story about how this mom feels inside and her personal thoughts and questions. It's really well written. I couldn't even put it down last night. I'll have to do a paper on it -- but that seems like a piece of cake because the content is just so good.


Well, my little ones have bundled themselves up and made it out in the snow. Of course the TV is still blaring "a Christmas Story" and I'm sitting here alone. Isn't it always the way? HAHAAA.


On to telling you the great news about church. As you all have known from the beginning, God has had a major plan for us starting a new church. The blessings just keep pouring and pouring out. We were so blessed to have a local church offer us space to worship the Lord. Now, we have the opportunity to buy a local building! It's already equipped with everything we need and is about 5 minutes away! God is so good. Please pray for favor, God is moving mightily and I am so excited. It's such a peaceful excitement. We should be all moved in January. What a mighty work! More on that as I know.


I'm off to check on the kids, then make the beds. I've posted some of the kids Christmas pictures below. (And to those on my recipe list -- I am so sorry for not posting much in the last week, it's been so crazy here! I miss all of you. I'm going to get some recipes out today!)

Hugggz,

Kristy~!









0 comments